Sunday, June 1, 2014

Took Exams, Looked at Sand

I once met a girl who, for some very strange reason, loved taking tests. I do not. I am anxious tester who constantly bites her nails and sometimes blanks during exams.  While I lucked out and only had to sit three exams this term, they were worth large portions of my final grades (50%~100%), so I was especially nervous. 

Before entering the testing rooms, I had to check seating charts posted outside. For my last exam, I was at desk number 163 and there were many more seats after mine. I had about two hours for each exam and all three required me to write two essays. I am not sure how well I did--I am typically very bad at guessing my exam scores. I would love to know how I tested right now, but the University of Warwick will not post my grades until August. Oh, well. I will just have to work on being patient.

Yesterday (Saturday), I took a mental heath day trip to Weston-super-Mare, a seaside resort town. It was chilly enough that I needed to wear a hoodie and jeans, but sunny enough that my face burned. I spent the day mainly by strolling along the beach and wandering into little, local shops.



Fish and chips

Blue raspberry slush by the beach!

Weston-super-Mare is known for two things, according to their tourism website: the “iconic” donkeys and the Sand Sculpture Festival. The donkeys are popular among little children who can ride them along the seashore.

Weston's iconic donkeys!



I really enjoyed the Weston Sand Sculpture Festival, an annual event featuring artists from all over the worl. This year’s theme was stories, so there were sculptures of Romeo and Juliet, Beatrix Potter’s rabbits, and characters from Game of Thrones, to name a few.

Where The Wild Things Are

The Hunger Games

The Hobbit

Romeo and Juliet

Winnie the Pooh
I definitely was in need of a break after my stressful month of studying and sitting exams. It was so nice to explore a new place by myself as I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted. I had a truly lovely and relaxing day in Weston-super-Mare, and I look forward to spending my remaining few weeks in England taking little trips to other areas of the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment