Sunday, March 9, 2014

Countdown To Easter Break

Sometimes not so wonderful things happen. For instance, your laptop charger breaks while you are abroad and working on a research paper that counts for half of your final grade in your International Marketing class. Oops.

This is not the end of the world, though, because the University of Warwick's five-week Easter Break, which separates the Spring and Summer terms, begins on the 15th. I just need to get through this week by camping out in the library where I can borrow computers to complete my assignment.

Other than my charger breaking, and having to write this entry on my phone as a result, things are going well! I bought some English muffins--simply called muffins here--so now the sandwiches I prepare for lunch are extra delicious, I am pretty sure I did well on a group project for my Ethics class, and it is not nearly as rainy in England as it was when I first arrived.

As much as I am really beginning to feel a strong attachment to my new home, I am also looking forward to my break. I plan on visiting my parents whom I have not seen since early August (and will be able to borrow a laptop charger from them so I can write much more in my next blog entry).

It is around 6 pm. I am back at my dorm after spending the day in the library to eat a light dinner and take a little study break. However, I do need to return as soon as possible in order to claim a computer: the library is packed this week with students who, like me, need to borrow the university's technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment